despite the ongoing?catfight?between mid-lifers about who or what millenials are up to, you’re the only person who has full control over what your life will look like after graduation.?if you believe the media, our generation is supposed to be full of spoiled brats who don’t know a good thing when it whacks them upside the face.
well,?i might be?lazily whiling away all that?free?time us darned university students have, but now that gravy boat has sailed for all you new grads. so here are some ways to deal with that perilous Real?World adults are always warning us about:
1. use the career centre!?if you’re a recent grad, you can still use uoft’s job board?to search for jobs. you can also attend the career centre’s incredibly helpful events. just log into your CLN account?for a list of upcoming ones.?for example, tomorrow, UTM is holding an event called ‘Now That I’m Graduating What’s Next?’ why not register and mosey on over there if you’re at UTM?
2. if you don’t have a job lined up right away, that’s fine. there’s no shame in taking refuge in your parents’ attic for a couple of months while you try to figure out what on earth you’re going to do with yourself. after all, harry potter lived in a cupboard for a decade plus and he turned out okay.
3. DON’T watch doctor phil thinking he’s gonna help you get your life together. you’ll just spend the entire day watching daytime TV and?you’ll find yourself going on tangents about pancakes at any interviews you get.
5. if you’re not sure where you want your career to go, broaden your horizons. consider a college diploma. talk to your parents’ friends who have exotic jobs you’ve never heard of. search that soul up a bit; it’s gotten a tad dusty.
6. also check out these 100% SRS USEFUL TIPS from internet sensation and fully employed person lex croucher:
i hope you have a fabulous time out there in the big wide sand pit of life. go on and make a sand castle.